Archiving calendar items
Today in this post we’ll discuss archiving & deleting calendar items.
- Click the File tab.
- Under Mailbox Cleanup, click Cleanup Tools.
- Click Archive.
Note Some organizations turn off the ability for users to create Outlook Data Files (.pst) which are used for archiving items. If you do not see Archive command, your organization may have turned this feature off.
- Click Archive this folder and all subfolders.
If you created additional calendars, selecting this setting will archive items from those calendars as well.
- In the folder list, click Calendar.
- In the Archive items older than list, select the date that you want. To archive everything, select a date in the future.
- If you want, select the Include items with “Do not Auto Archive” checked check box.
Selecting this check box will archive everything, including items that you marked as exceptions to Auto Archive.
- You can accept the file location where the archive file will be saved, or you can browse to a different folder and provide the file name of your choice.
Note We recommend that you make a note of this location so that you can easily find the archive file later.
- Click OK.
The archiving process begins. When you return to the main Outlook view by clicking the Home tab, the Outlook status bar indicates that the archive is in progress.
To cancel the archive in progress, click any items that were already archived up to that point will remain in the archive file.
Delete all items on your calendar
The process of deleting removes all the items from your data file without making a backup.
Warning The following steps will delete all items in your calendar, including holidays that are automatically added to the calendar. You can replace default Outlook holidays that are deleted during these steps, but all other calendar items will be permanently deleted.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Calendar.
- On the View tab, in the Current View group, click Change View, and then click List.
- Click in the item list, and then press CTRL+A.
All items in the list should now be selected.
- Press DELETE.
Note : The archive process deletes items from your data file after first making a backup of the items in another Outlook data file.
MCTS | Exchange Server