Home » Active Directory
Category Archives: Active Directory
To move the global catalog functions from one domain controller to another:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Double-click Sites to expand it, expand Servers, and then click the domain controller that you want to have the new global catalog role.
- Double-click the domain controller to expand the server contents.
4. Right-click the NTDS Settings object that is listed below the server, and then click Properties.
5. On the General tab, click to select the Global Catalog check box to add the global catalog function to the domain controller, and then click OK to apply the changes.
6. Click Active Directory Sites and Services, and then click the outdated global catalog or domain controller that is going to have the global catalog function removed.
7. Open the properties of the domain controller, click to clear the Global Catalog check box, and then click OK to apply the changes. For any change to take effect, you must wait for the change to replicate throughout Active Directory on all of your domain controllers.
8. Restart any domain controllers whose Global Catalog check boxes have been modified.
For More Info:
MCTS, MCITP | Exchange Server
Publisher @ Techrid.com